2018 FUNDRAISING RAFFLE
Thank you for helping St. James Orthodox Mission Church raise money for our building fund! We have been blessed to have experienced growth over the almost five years since its founding, and it is our dream to someday purchase or build a permanent home.
Raffle participants aren't the only ones that may win a prize! The individual church member that sells the most tickets will win a pair of his and hers designer watches. Sale guidelines can be found here: https://www.stjamesmissionchurch.org/rafflesales
2018 RAFFLE RULES & GUIDELINES
The raffle is sponsored by St. James Orthodox Mission Church of Dallas (a non-profit organization, hereafter also referred to as STJMC) and conducted by the “Fund Raising Committee” appointed by the Parish Assembly of the Church. St James Orthodox Mission Church is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization.
Participants of this drawing must be 18 years of age or older and must qualify under Texas law to purchase a raffle ticket and participate in this raffle.
Rules of Drawing
1) Purchasers of raffle tickets must legibly write their full names, addresses and telephone numbers on each counterfoil / registration form. If more than one name is stated on a counterfoil / registration form, the first listed name shall be the Entrant. STJMC shall, will and can have no obligation for payment or delivery of any prize to any person other than the entrant. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to allocate any such prize among the participants in any multiple party entry.
2) The purchase price for one raffle ticket is $100.00. A raffle ticket will be considered valid for drawing once payment of the purchase price has been received STJMC via cash, check or other accepted form of payment on or before a date seven days prior to the raffle drawing date (hereafter, the purchase deadline). If an entrant’s check or credit card is dishonored by the bank or credit card company, it is the entrant's responsibility to rectify such payment issues by the purchase deadline.
3) No more than 1500 tickets will be sold. All tickets will be recorded in the order received. Original Raffle ticket is required to claim the prize. A valid government issued picture id of raffle purchaser is required to claim the prize.
4) The Church Parish Council and the Fund-Raising Committee reserves the right to postpone the drawing date in the event of any circumstances deemed necessary by the said committees. Any changes to the drawing date will be published on the official website of STJMC.
5) The Winner will be determined by random drawing. The drawing will take place on December 25, 2018 at approximately 11:00 a.m. CST, after the Holy Qurbana. Winners will be notified by telephone or/and e-mail or/and mail.
6) The winner of the raffle must claim the prize within 30 days of the drawing. If the winner does not claim the prize within 30 days of the drawing, the prize will be forfeited and proceeds will go to the STJMC church building fund.
1st Prize – 2 Round Trip Air Fare Ticket Vouchers
2nd Prize – Smart Home Bundle System
3rd Prize – iPad 128GB
6a) STJMC has established the First Prize of the Raffle as two (2) round-trip airfare tickets in any fare class and between any origin and destination the Winner chooses, up to a maximum airfare of $1500 (fifteen hundred dollars) per ticket, inclusive of all sales taxes, governmental taxes, fees, TSA and 9/11 fees, foreign duties, foreign entry fees, and other air-related taxes, duties or fees. Airfare will be booked and fulfilled by [TBD] Travel Agency, 123 Main Street, Dallas, Texas 75123. Winner will assume all requirements and contracts of carriage with participating airlines, and will hold STJMC harmless from any liability related to air travel when using the First Prize.
6b) Any airfare cost in excess of the $1500 per ticket maximum established by STJMC as the First Prize will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Any fees for excess checked baggage, seat upgrades, elected services or other in-flight purchases will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
7) Safekeeping of Raffle Ticket stub is purchaser’s sole responsibility. Any attempted transfer, purchase, sale or auction of Raffle Ticket constitutes fraud by attempted seller and attempted buyer of Raffle Ticket and renders Raffle Ticket void. Raffle Tickets obtained from unauthorized sources are void. Raffle Ticket stub is void and will not be accepted if STJMC determines in its sole discretion that stub has been tampered with, altered, counterfeited, forged or is otherwise irregular or invalid nor is STJMC responsible for stubs that are lost, damaged, destroyed, stolen, incomplete or illegible; and, in all such cases, such stubs are void and STJMC shall have no liability in conjunction with same. In such event or if STJMC otherwise has reason to believe that someone has tampered with a Raffle Ticket (including stub) or the Raffle generally or otherwise attempted to defraud STJMC in any way, STJMC will disqualify such person and may otherwise seek to protect its rights via all available legal remedies, including possible criminal prosecution. STJMC further reserves the right to confiscate and retain any Raffle Tickets suspected of being invalid. In no event will STJMC award more than one (1) Grand Prize, Two (2) Second Prize and Three (3) Third Prize. Should a printing, programming or other error result in multiple winning Raffle Ticket stubs for any of the prizes, only one (1) of each Raffle Prize so affected will be awarded in a random drawing from among the holders of all such “winning” stubs for the affected Raffle Prize. STJMC disclaims any liability for typographical, printing, production or other errors with Raffle Tickets, with the understanding that STJMC’s sole liability for a defective or irregular Raffle Ticket is replacement with another ticket (provided supplies last) or the refund of the purchase price of such Raffle Ticket.
8) Any and all disputes, claims and controversies concerning this raffle shall be submitted to and resolved by binding arbitration, to be conducted under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association and the Uniform Arbitration Act, 42 Pa. C.S.A. §7301, et seq. The decision of the arbitrator will be final and binding on all parties.
9) All net proceeds will go towards the St. James Orthodox Mission Church Building Fund.
10) The Church or the fundraising committee will not have any responsibility in meeting the income tax formalities or liabilities of the winners. The winners will be fully responsible for all income tax formalities and connected liabilities
Force Majeure: STJMC shall not be held liable for failure of or delay in performing its obligations under the Raffle Rules & Guidelines if such failure or delay is the result of an act of God, such as earthquake, hurricane, tornado, flooding, or other natural disaster, or in the case of war, action of foreign enemies, terrorist activities, labor dispute or strike, government sanction, blockage, embargo, or failure of electrical service. STJMC will make every reasonable attempt to minimize delay of performance. In the event force majeure continues longer than 120 days, STJMC may terminate the Raffle, repaying the full amount of the Entrants' payments within a reasonable period of time after such termination notice.